A complete step-by-step guide to start using Room Finder
To start configuring your software you need to follow these simple steps:
Step 1: Register an account
- Register for a user account at https://www.roomdisplaycenter.com
- Select “Room Finder” in the Get Started Guide
- Activate licenses
- (New Users) Press “Redeem this Voucher” to activate one full 14-day trial license key
- (Existing Users) Go to “License Voucher -> Redeem Voucher” and enter your voucher key number to activate licenses
- You will now receive licenses/units under “Units -> Room Finder”
Step 2: Configure units
- Click “Units -> Room Finder” and then configure them by pressing the cogwheel symbol.
- Follow the guide. Note that for all settings there is a question mark symbol with further information.
- Change the “Room Finder Name” field. Often it is recommended to use the company name
- Devices/meeting rooms are added under Room Display settings. Go to: “Units -> Room Display” and press the cogwheel symbol for the device you wish to add. Thereafter select the correct Room Finder display under the option “Room Settings other Products”
- Continue configuring the various options. If you need further information, press the question mark symbol next to each option. When you are finished press “Save”
Step 3: Download app & connect devices
- Download Room Finder software either from Google Play or directly to your device.
For Room Finder: https://www.roomdisplaycenter.com/download/RoomFinder.apk
- Start the application, pair device by using your Room Display Center account details
- Select your unit (name of the wayfinder) from the list
- Settings will now be downloaded to the unit and you are all set up!
If you experience problems during the setup, see the points below or go to our FAQ: https://gogetcorp.com/support/#FAQ
- I cannot login with my Roomdisplaycenter account in the app
- Check that you are using the correct user name and password. Double check by logging in to https://www.roomdisplaycenter.com.
- Verify that your tablet has access to internet (open a page in the browser) and that the correct communication ports are open in the firewall. See: FAQ -> Room Finder -> Firewall ports
- I cannot access the settings menu in Room Finder app
- Tap the logotype in the bottom right corner of the display to reach the settings menu.
- I cannot see any meeting rooms on the display
- Meeting rooms needs to be added individually. Go to: Room Display->My Room Display Units and press the cogwheel symbol for the device you wish to add. Thereafter select the right Room Finder display under “Room Settings other Products”.
- I cannot change the directional arrows
- Tap an arrow repeatedly until you reach the new desired direction arrow.